Indian rules and regulation differ a lot in terms of diverse laws. As far as certifications for the product is concerned, there are various kinds of provisions that have been made in order to articulate and organize for quality assurance for the prospective parties. This assurance certificate is issued by the Bureau of Indian standards which are also known as BIS.
As far as rules and regulations are concerned, BIS certification assures that the quality of specified is up to the standards led by the Bureau of Indian standards as per the latest government dealing in important importing electronics and it information technology products without obtaining the compulsory registration for the electronic products.
There are many agencies that have been working on the same to gain approval for the category of electronic products BIS certification. Department of electronics and information technology introduced compulsory registration scheme in the year 2012 in collaboration with the Bureau of Indian Standards. This scheme basically covered around 15 electronic and consumer goods and later on another 15 categories of products was added in the year 2014 followed by other consecutive amendments, which later became the requirement as new challenges came across.
The products further tested for safety purpose, as per the relevant IS standard. It is important for Foreign manufacturers to have appointed some local representatives in the domestic country who represent the manufacturer there and be responsible for bringing the product into the market. The program is mainly for the manufacturer and the required unique registration is granted for the respective category registration which is granted on the basis of three criteria that is, location brand name and product type.
We as a country have become strict in terms of quality controls, especially for electronic products. The main intention behind this rule is to put a stoppage on the rise in import of cheap electronic items and to provide a push to the manufacturing of local products under the perspective of make in India initiative.
According to the standards led by Bureau of Indian Standards, every company that is engaged in importing and selling of any kind of electronic products like mobile phones, LED products in the whole country. It is mandatory for them to get registered for permission through certificate with BIS for electronic components failing to which the import of imported goods might be subjected react quotation in case the applicable provisions are applied for the respective case.
Procedure to apply for the registration
- Submit acknowledgement proof of online submission of the required file.
- Provide address proof. This may include business license and other documents issued by the government of India to the business.
- Registration application signed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company. Alternatively, you can also attach an authority letter (legal) from the CEO.
- Forms required for the category
- Copy of The trademark application if it has been applied for, registration certificate of the brand name and an authorization letter from the owner of the brand.
- The undertaking of the representative along with his ID proof of the person who has been assigned the affidavit, if the manufacturer is situated abroad.
- Documents that have been come attached to the undertaking for the test report.
- The next and final step to meet the certification is that the manufacturer has to file a bill of entry along with the commercial invoice, packing list insurance, cover note, bill of lading and country of origin certificate, in case the products are being imported.
Once the registration is approved, BIS issues a unique registration number to the manufacturer that is to be affixed on their products. For sure, you might get puzzled after knowing the lengthy procedures that one has to go through to obtain the certificate. But nothing to worry, as we are here at Silvereye Certifications to manage it all on your behalf to make sure quality reserved results. Information technology is our weapon, we tackle, innovate, improve productivity and profit margin.
All in all to elevate the level of customer experience. We are aimed at assisting our clients in their projects to extract out the optimum results. You can rely on our services for quality and timely completion of all the required procedures as we’re sure your trust won’t go in vain.
So, what are you waiting for?
Contact us today!
Call at +91 9625369071